How do I know if my business should continue social media marketing?
Should my business begin marketing on social media?
These are questions that I have had personally and they are questions that I have gotten often as a consultant.
I get it, as a business owner, you have many hats to wear and you are torn between continuing social media marketing or even adding social media marketing to your marketing mix…
Answering these questions can seem overwhelming but it will provide direction as to whether social media should be used as a marketing channel, that can be utilized as an important cog of your business’ overall marketing strategy.
Remember, social media marketing is about cultivating a conversation amongst your community and developing a strategy for the conversations that you want to facilitate is ideal.
Creating a social media profile with no direction or strategy will always fail.
As you begin to develop your plan:
- you will get a better understanding of whom you want to engage with
- you will refine the message that you want to convey
- you will need to decide how you’re going to measure success with your social media marketing.
Yes, I hear the rumblings…
- a strategy will take forever to develop
- you are setting me up for failure as I do not know how to set up a social media strategy….
However, check out “7 Steps to Developing A Social Media Strategy”, it will allow you to hit the ground running with just a little bit of thought provoking work on your part.