Pin It to create P-interest in your Real Estate Business
As a successful real estate agent you have a knack for thriving in an offline person-to-person environment. You’re incredibly tactful and wise in getting to know your clients on a very personal level and connecting them with your local market.
However, social media marketing might seem to be something that you are not able to apply the same methodology too. The best real estate marketers are able to connect their social skills online like they do when they interact offline and in person!
If done right, social media provides a real estate agent a way to further connect with local clients and groups. A good social media strategy can build trust, and will allow you to broadcast your brand to your followers and then on to their followers.
Pinterest is a social networking site where you pin images to your boards, which are then viewed by your followers where they engage by repining, liking or commenting on the pins on your boards.
- Pinterest is perfect for you to “pin” amazing visuals which enables you to grow your followers which will hopefully transform them into becoming clients personally or maybe one of their friends will become a client.
- Remember awesome visuals appeal to your visitors visual emotions, which can build the anticipation of physically walking through your property listing
- Repins are how visitors and followers share your posts to their followers.
Here are 5 Tips to Better Engage Your Real Estate Clients on Pinterest
- Create Boards for your local neighborhoods. Sell the neighborhood where your listings are. Include in this board or another board you create the amenities, shops and services available in that specific community. You can stay broad but think micro to build better relationships
- Create Boards that share your personality. At the end of the day clients choose to work with people they get along with and whom they like. Show your followers who you are: sharing hobbies, sports you like, where you workout, favorite meals/recipies, etc.
- Create Boards that insight Home Décor ideas. Broaden your follower base by appealing to those visitors or homebuyers that you wouldn’t normally engage with in daily conversations. Pinning How-To ideas can also be very engaging with your followers.
- Of course, you will create a Board for your Listings. Make sure you create a Board specifically for your listings and keep your “Listings Board” in your first four boards. It will keep your board “above the fold” on your Pinterest profile.
- Use Contests and Giveaways. Pinning contests and giveaways that are past and on-going can be seen as your brand being engaged with your community. Using photo/video contests & sweepstakes/giveaways will help you gain more engagement which can lead to more clients.
- Hosting a basic voting contest, where you ask your followers to vote on their favorite image of your new listings.
- Create a Facebook Photo Contest and ask followers to submit their favorite bathroom image. By adding the voting element you will generate even more engagement and excitement about your homes.
- Video contests could be more tough for your community but if you use popular social media network tools like Instagram or Vine you can get your followers to make a short video of why they love your area so much.
This is ideal for agents who are in tourist areas or areas with a bustling nightlife and you could entice them by giving a better incentive to win your prize like a weekend or free night stay in your area!!!
These are just a couple of ideas that can help spark authentic engagement with your followers and in return some of the shared material can also be used for marketing material in other areas of your marketing strategy.
Hopefully you can see that Pinterest can be a positive place to engage your community and growing your followers in places you normally would not have had the opportunity to do so.
Have you tried engaging with your community in Pinterest? If so, let us know what else works for you and your brand…